if you are like me, that nice cool glass of water isn't quite so attractive at the moment and the winter weather makes you want to peg out and have those things that you know are unhealthy.
So if you are up to making a nice warm delicious soup you can help your health by adding good water to that and to any veges you cook for dinner. So that can boost your immune system and contribute to keeping away the winter ills.
Try to keep up the water though if you can, as it is good for you, as I'm sure you know. You can even have a cup of hot water.
So keep warm this winter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups mixed chopped vegetables, your choice (try cauliflower, zucchini, or brussel sprouts)
- or even try the stems from broccoli or cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt (sea salt or himalayan salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Chile powder (or to taste)
- 8 cups water or stock
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
Add salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and oregano, stirring to coat the vegetables well.
Add water and tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.